Investigate an area of agriculture and the life sciences related to humans with mentoring and guidance from faculty in ALCE. Topics can include or be related to:
- Equity & inclusion in agriculture
- Education & evaluation in agriculture
- Another topic agreed on in agriculture & social science
Research is a great way to learn more about a topic, investigate a question, and explore if research could make a great career choice for your future. You will learn not only learn more about your topic, but also the research process which includes:
|Professional skill development||Regular & clear communicaiton|
|Weekly team meetings||Accountability to deadlines|
|A willingness to learn and be challenged||Active participation in project management|
|Professional submissions to conferences||Research manuscript development|
To get connected to undergraduate research:
- Check out our faculty web pages and see who is doing research that sounds interesting to you.
- Email a faculty member you think you might want to work with on an undergraduate research project.
- Visit VT's Office of the Undergraduate Research.