Subrato Kumar Kuri
- Research Assistant
- Work Experience
- Extension or Outreach Program
- Courses Taught
- Research Experience
- Selected Publications
- 2014, Intensive Masters on Energy Environment and Sustainable Development, International Summer School, University of Oslo, Norway
- 2014, Post graduate diploma in Information and Communication Technology, Department of Computer Science and Mathematics, Bangladesh Agricultural university, Mymensingh-2202, Bangladesh
- 2013, MS in Agricultural Extension Education, Department of Agricultural Extension Education, Bangladesh Agricultural university, Mymensingh-2202, Bangladesh
- 2011, B.Sc.Ag.(Hons.) , Faculty of Agriculture, Bangladesh Agricultural university, Mymensingh-2202, Bangladesh
- Research Assistant, Spring 2018, Dept. of Agricultural, Leadership and Community Education, Virginia Tech
- Teaching Assistant, Woody landscape Plants, Fall 2017, Dept. of Horticulture, Virginia Tech
- Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Extension Education, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh-2202, Bangladesh (Study Leave)
- Lecturer, Department of Agricultural Extension Education, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh-2202, Bangladesh
- Vermi-composting in Plastic bag
- Compost Preparation
- Crop Rotation to safe food production
- Working on collection local innovation to combat climate change for adaptation at farm level.
In Virginia Tech, USA
- As Lab instructor, Woody landscape Plants, Fall 2017, Dept. of Horticulture, Virginia Tech
In Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh, Bangladesh:
- AGEXT 424 Course Title : Agricultural Extension Education- Practical 1 Credit hr.
- AGEXT 221: Fundamentals of Extension, Leadership and Motivation-Theory; 3 Credit hr.
- AGEXT 222: Extension Teaching Methods and Aids-Practical; 2 Credit hr.
- AGEXT 312: Data Collection, Processing and Report Writing- Practical; 2 Credit hr.
- AGEXT 412: Extension Programme Planning and Outreach Programme-Practical; 2 Credit hr
Faculty of Animal Husbandry:
- Ag. Ex. 422 Agricultural Extension Education- Practical; 1Credit hour
- Ag.Ext 321 Agricultural Extension Education-Theory, 2 Credit Hr.
- Ag.Ext 322 Agricultural Extension Education-Practical, 1 Credit Hr.
- AgExt 428 Agricultural Extension-Practical, 1.5 Credit Hr.
Principle Investigator, Status of livelihood transformation of the river bank erased people to rescue food security: char land based social ecology analysis of the Islampur upazila under Jamalpur district of Bangladesh. Funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Duration: July 2016-June 2017.
Principle Investigator, Effect of river bank erosion on food security of char-based social ecosystem: a farm level analysis from two upazilla of Mymensingh district. Funded by Ministry of Science and Technology, People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Duration: July 2015-June 2016
Co-Principal Investigator, Issues and Challenges in Sustainable Agricultural Research, Extension and Education for Bangladesh’ a project funded by USAID-VEGA. Duration: April 2015 to March, 2016.
Research Assistant, ‘Fostering Women Voices through Videos in Bangladesh’ a project funded by BOKU, Vienna, Austria. Duration: August 2011 to March 2013
Kuri, Subrato K., & Kaufman, Eric K. (2019). Leadership Styles in Hollywood-Based War Movies: An Analysis for Motivating Young Leaders in Military Service. Paper presented at the Leading Change Inaugural Conference: Interdisciplinary Perspectives in Leadership Studies, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA. https://commons.lib.jmu.edu/leadcc/2019/1003/1/
- Kuri, S. K., Hossain, M. J. and Mondal, U. (2014). Rice for nutrition: a temporal perspective of the major SAARC countries. European Scientific Journal. 10 (12): 503-512. Website: http://eujournal.org/index.php/esj/article/view/3234
- Kuri, S. K., Miah, M.A.M., and Farouque, M.G. (2014). Awareness of Char Land Small Farmers Regarding Effect of Climate Change on Farm Ecosystem In Bangladesh. European Academic Research. 1(11):3779-3791. ISSN 4412-4424. Romania, European Union. Website: http://www.euacademic.org/PastIssueList.aspx?artid=12
- Hossain, M. J., Kuri, S.K. , Islam M.S. and Mondal. U. (2014). Estimating the effect of climate change on rice Production: a study from Mymensingh district of Bangladesh using quantile regression method. International Journal of Sustainable Crop Production (IJSCP). ISSN-1991-3036 (Online). 9(1):1-7. Website: http://ggfjournals.com/content/issue/ijscp-v9-is1
- Kuri, S. K., Hossain, M. J. and Saha, M. (2014). Trend Analysis of Climatic Factors (Air Temperature and Rainfall) and Its Influence on Rice Yield: A Case Study from Mymensingh District of Bangladesh. Journal of Sylhet Agricultural University. 1(1): 15-21.
- Kuri, S K., Islam M R. and Mondal, U. (2011). Antifungal potentiality of some botanical extracts against important seed borne fungal pathogen associated with brinjal seeds, Solanum melongena L. An International Journal of agricultural technology, 7(4): p. 1139-1153. Website: http://www.ijat-aatsea.com/past_v7_n4.html
- Kuri, S K., Islam, M. R. and Mondal. U. (2010).Effect of aqueous extract of some plants on some stored and field fungi. Journal of Agroforestry and Environment, 4(2):37-40. URL: www.cseas.kyoto-u.ac.jp/brahmaputra/data/JAE.../8.../8.%20Subrato.pdf
- Subrato Kumar Kuri, Md Abdul Momen Miah and Md. Golar Farouque. (2013). Climate Change and Farm Ecosystem: Awareness of the Small Farmers (A Farm Level Analysis from Bangladesh). Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany. ISBN:978-3-659-45371-7. URL: https://www.lap-publishing.com/
- Ansari, A. A., Jaikishun, S., Islam, M.A., Kuri, S.K., Fiedler, K., Nandwani, D. (2016). Principles of Vermitechnology in Sustainable Organic Farming with Special Reference Bangladesh. pp: 213-219. In: Nandwani, D (Ed). Organic Farming for Sustainable Agriculture. Springer International Publishing Switzerland. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-26803-3_10
Subrato Kumar Kuri (2013). Awareness of the Small Farmers regarding Effect of Climate Change on farm Ecosystem. (MS Thesis). Dept. of Agricultural Extension Education, BAU, Mymensingh
Poster: M A Islam, S K Kuri and D Nandwani (2016). Participatory sustainable agricultural programs to improve the farm productivity in Bangladesh: A special farmer to farmer program for poverty reduction. 7th international Seminar of Regional Network on Poverty Eradication. Organized by: Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh-2202. Dated on: 13-15, November, 2016. This Poster was awarded as 2nd best Poster out of 53.
Oral: M A Islam, D Nandwani and S K kuri (2017). Issues and Challenges in Sustainable Agricultural Research, Extension and Education for Bangladesh. BAU Annual Research Progress 2015-2016. Organized By: Bangladesh Agricultural University research System. Dated: May 27-28, 2017.
S K Kuri, M A Islam, R A Arancibia, M J Kabeya and M A Sarker. (2016). Vermicompost: Myths and Realities in Bnagladesh. 7th international Seminar of Regional Network on Poverty Eradication. Organized by: Bangladesh Agricultural University, Mymensingh-2202. Dated on: 13-15, November, 2016.
M A Sarker, S M A Ullah, K H Kabir, S K Kuri, D Roy. (2013).Traditional and Organic Agriculture: Relations and Consequences to climate Change. International Conference on Climate Resilient Technology Development and Extension For Sustainable Agriculture. Organised by: Bangladesh Agricultural Extension Society. Dated: 7-8 March-2013.
Popular Articles on Newspapers
- Kuri, S.K. (2015). Vision 2050: A Green World with Zero Emission! The Daily Sun, 18 September Issue, Dhaka. http://www.edailysun.com/home/displaypage/news_2015-09-18_6_19_b
- Kuri, S.K. (2015). Global Warming and Carbon Trade. The Daily Sun, 18 September Issue, Dhaka. http://www.daily-sun.com/printversion/details/75283/Global-warming-and-carbon-trade
Honours and awards
- ISS Scholarship-2014 on Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development, International Summer School, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Awarding National Science And technology Fellowship 2012-13.
- Founder member: Bangladesh Society for Organic Farming and Safe Food.
- Life Member: Bangladesh Agricultural Extension Society.
- Life Member: Bangladesh Seed Science Society
- Member: Krishibid (Agriculturist) institution Bangladesh
175 Litton-Reaves Hall
Mail Code 0343
Blacksburg, VA 24061