Nesma Osama Osman
- Discipline: Agricultural Extension and Education
Mississippi State University
M.S., Agricultural Extension Education (2018)
Thesis: Work motivation before and after using assistive technology by disabled agricultural workers
Advisor: Dr. Donna Peterson
School of Management University- LUM Jean Monnet and IAMB Institute in Bari – Italy
Diploma in Mediterranean Organic Agriculture (2016).
Faculty of Agriculture-Cairo University.
B.SC., Agricultural Science with Grade Excellent with Honor (2012)
- Worked as a research assistant for an evaluation project (Farmers’ Market and Local Food Promotion Program (FMLFPP) at Virginia Tech with Dr. Kim Niewolny & Dr. Thomas Archibald (May-Aug 2020).
- Worked as a research assistant for an evaluation project (Cucurbit IPM for reducing pollinator exposure to key pesticides) at Virginia Tech with Dr. Thomas Archibald (May-Aug 2019).
- Instructor of Record of LDRS 1015 Exploring Citizen Leadership, Fall 2018- Fall 2020.
- Teaching Assistant of ALCE 3634 Communicating ALS in Speaking (Fall 2019)
Osman, N., Peterson, D., Downey, L., Seal, S., (2020, April 20-23). Exploring disabled agricultural workers’ professional life before and after using assistive technology: Using the Job Characteristics Model. Research presentation at the Association for International Agricultural and Extension Education 35th Annual Conference, St. Petersburg, FL, United States (cancelled due to COVID-19)
Culhane, J., Young, C., Woodward, L., Alegbeleye, I. D., & Osman, N., (2019). Sojourner and apprentice: Graduate student experience in Agriculture and Life Sciences. Research presentation at the North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture Conference, College of Southern Idaho, Twin Falls, ID.
- (503) 839-3178
175 West Campus Dr.
Mail Code 0343
Blacksburg, VA 24061